Toyota is preparing to release its new SUV, which will be shared with Maruti Suzuki, which will be one of the two hybrid SUVs in the C segment.
The presentation of the new SUV will take place on the 1stArt July 2022. The hybrid in segment C, codenamed D22, is called the Toyota Hyryder.
Information about the power unit of Toyota Hyryder was published before its release:
- Toyota Hyryder will be powered by a 1.5-liter gasoline engine.
- Two versions of the engine are offered – a soft hybrid and a strong hybrid version.
- The soft hybrid version has manual and automatic transmission options.
- The powerful hybrid version will have an e-CVT like the Honda City Hybrid.
Toyota and Maruti Suzuki is developing a hybrid SUV for the Indian market. Unlike the previously modified Maruti Suzuki, Toyota will release the SUV, codenamed D22, as the only Toyota model. However, Maruti Suzuki will introduce its own hybrid SUV, which will share many features with the Toyota D22. The code name for the Maruti hybrid was YFG.
Last year, Hyryder and YFG test mules were observed. Finally, Toyota is ready to introduce Hyryder to the Indian market. The big launch is scheduled for July 1.
Both Toyota Hyryder and Maruti Suzuki YFG are manufactured at Toyota’s Bidadi plant in Karnataka. Before the official presentation of the Toyota Hyryder, the leaked power specification revealed a lot of interesting information about the SUV.
Toyota Hyryder – expected power and drive
The Toyota Hyryder is expected to come with two engine versions, a soft hybrid system and a powerful hybrid system.
- The soft hybrid system can get a 1.5-liter gasoline engine with 103 horsepower. It also comes with FWD and AWD options. Toyota Hyryder will be the only modern model in its segment that offers AWD.
- Once launched, the Toyota Hyryder will be the only compact hybrid SUV all-wheel drive Renault Duster is an option in its segment since production was discontinued 2 years ago in 2020.
- The powerful hybrid system gets electric motors (116 PS) and a larger battery pack. This option should only be provided by FWD.
- Toyota Hyryder’s powerful hybrid system also comes with the ability to self-charge, which makes it a sustainable choice with low emission rates and increased fuel efficiency. Its price is set accordingly. It is safe to assume that the soft hybrid version of Hyryder will also be a more affordable model.
Toyota Hyryder – the expected transmission
The powerful hybrid version of the Toyota Hyryder does not come with a traditional transmission. The Japanese automaker offers it an e-CVT transmission similar to Honda’s City Hybrid.
In addition, it can be assumed that the soft hybrid version will receive 6-speed MT and AT units.
Toyota Hyryder – expected features
Hyryder is built on a local TNGA-B or DNGA platform. There was no official news about the exterior design of the SUV. However, from the test drawings of the mule, we can assume that the SUV Toyota will adopt some design features of the popular Corolla Cross.
The large grille at the front is surrounded by dual headlights with LED daylight. Road test models also had an air barrier on the front bumper. The air barrier is designed in a honeycomb grid.
Through design similarities to the Corolla Cross, we can confidently accept some of the similarities in the cabin and the list of features. Toyota Hyryder can get a pop-up touch screen on the control panel, which also works as an information entertainment system with automotive technology, including Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
Expected features of Toyota Hyryder – instrument cluster, main display, 360-degree camera, automatic climate control, ventilated front seats, height-adjustable driver’s seat, etc.
Safety features include 6 airbags, electronic stability control, ISOFIX, autonomous emergency braking, lane holding assistant, blind spot control, cruise control, collision warning system, etc. may include.
Start date: Expected on July 1, 2022
Hyryder Estimated Price: Starting at Rs 10.5 crore (pre-salon price)
Toyota Hyryder competitors
Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, Skoda Kushaq, VW Taigun, MG Astor
Hyryder Maruti Suzuki version
Toyota successfully sells redesigned Maruti Suzuki models in India. There are very few models that are only Toyota. With the launch of the Hilux pickup, Toyota has begun to change that. Hyryder will be a pure Toyota SUV in India for a long time to come. Although Maruti Suzuki was instrumental in creating this hybrid SUV, it will only be Toyota’s design. Maruti Suzuki announces the release of an SUV with the code name YFG later this year. YFG shares many features with Hyryder, such as platform, internal features, power unit and transmission. We are waiting for some changes to keep it unique to the Maruti Suzuki brand.
More about Hyryder and Maruti Suzuki’s Hyryder version soon. Subscribe to us for more interesting car news.
Hyundai Venue Facelift 2022 exteriors leaked before its launch
Are cars over 50 really worth it? Allows you to compare premium car capabilities and budget
Indian car brands are against other brands – are we close to the competition?