Mahindra and Mahindra discovered their new gene Scorpio earlier this month. After much anticipation from the spy photos, we received official photos and other interesting features from the 2022 Mahindra Scorpio N.
XUV700 and Scorpio N
Mahindra sells 2022 Scorpio N along with the previous gene Scorpio. This places the Scorpio N slightly below the XUV700 and above the classic Scorpio.
If you want to know about ordering a new Scorpio N or XUV700, we have their main differences. Read this article to know more.
The XUV700 is built on a monocoque chassis and a Scorpio-N SUV with a stair frame.
Like the Scorpio N XUV700, it gets the Mahindra’s twin peaks logo. It also has a boxed design and flat panels that give the SUV a muscular and aggressive look. On the other hand, the XUV700 has a more curved design than the newcomer.
The surfaces of both SUVs are very different in appearance, but the brand has a new logo for SUVs. It has a similar box structure from the XUV700 profile and a slightly tapered roof line, while the Scorpio N roof is much flatter.
We still can’t see the back of the 2022 Scorpio N. The XUV700 comes with a hatch-style trunk lid, and we’re waiting for a side open door for the Scorpio N.
For the XUV700 Scorpio N, the winding includes taillights and vertically assembled d-shaped LED taillights.
The Mahindra XUV700 is powered
- 2 liter mHawk diesel engine (155 PS and 360 Nm)
- 2 liter mHawk diesel engine 185 PS and 420 Nm)
- 2 liter mHawk diesel engine (450 Nm with AT)
- 0 liter mStallion turbo gasoline engine (200 PS and 380 Nm)
XUV700 transmission options: 6-speed MT and additional 6-speed AT
The Scorpio N also runs on 2 engine versions like the XUV700, but we expect them to be slightly off. It also offers a manual and automatic transmission. Scorpio N is offered with AWD option with high quality versions.
Official interior photos of Scorpio N have not been published yet. But through spying, we saw a new SUV. The infotainment screen is not a full digital large display scheme of the XUV700, but a typical screen with a cluster of semi-digital devices.
Both the XUV700 and the Scorpio N have the same steering wheels. Seat capacity is shared by two SUVs. You can get them with a standard 7-seater and a 5-seater built into the XUV700 or a 6-seater built into the Scorpio N.
The XUV700 comes with the following features:
- Panoramic hatch
- 25-inch informational entertainment screen
- 25-inch digital driver display
- Two regional climate controls
- 7 airbags
- Electronic parking brake
- Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) provide autonomous braking, lane keeping assistant, adaptive cruise control, and more.
Unfortunately, the new Scorpio N doesn’t have the same great features as the XUV700. The currently proven set of features includes:
- Dual LED projector headlights, fog lamps and daytime running lights in high-end versions and halogen lamps in low-end versions.
- Dynamic turning indicators
- 8-inch infotainment device
- Automatic climate control
- Wireless charger
- 8 or 9 inch touch screen with connected car technology
- Ceiling-mounted speakers
- Roof support, descent control, traction control, cruise control
- All-wheel drive, which gives us several options
- All-wheel disc brakes
- 17 or 18 inch alloy wheels
- 360 camera with parking sensors
The XUV700 is currently sold at a starting price of 13.18 lakhs (former exhibition hall). The maximum version of the XUV700 will rise to 24.58 lakhs (former exhibition hall). As the Scorpio N ranks below the XUV700, the price range is 11-12 lakhs (former exhibition hall).
Mahindra Scorpio N has opened – 10 things you need to know about leaks
All versions of the Mahindra XUV700 have been compared – find the perfect match
Mahindra XUV700 vs Tata Safari vs MG Hector Plus – which is better to buy?